FOR SALE: Austin’s Holidae House Inn / B&B
85 Main Street, PO Box 1248 Bethel Maine 04217
207-824-3400 email@example.com www.holidaehouse.com
Laurence Austin and Marcia Foster-Austin, Owners Contact The B&B Team.com
This is a turnkey property for the right buyers. Everything needed to be successful innkeepers is included. From dishes to appliances to linens, website, and booking and fiscal management tools the new innkeeper (s) will have the advantage of stepping into an already successful business property while still being able to make their own mark on the Inn.
Location: The Holidae House Inn is located in western Maine on Routes 26 and 2, in the center of the village of Bethel, in Oxford County. The Mahoosuc Mountains, the Androscoggin River and the White Mountain National Forest, and many small and large lakes are within minutes of the property. Bethel is a four-season destination with world class skiing, golfing, fishing, cycling, cross country venues, scenic hiking trails, mountain climbing, gem hunting, kayaking and canoeing, and cultural and arts events year-round. (www.bethelmaine.com) The Gould Academy preparatory school has students from around the world. Two doors down from the inn, the Maine Mineral and Gem Museum is currently under construction and is scheduled to open in fall of 2014.
Property Description: The property was built in 1902, with Victorian influences; and has been updated and renovated. There is a seven-room inn, with kitchen, dining room, living room, laundry room and storage room. All seven rooms have private baths. There is a covered front porch and a brick patio-seating area adjoining the front of the building. Mature foliage and plantings surround the patio and porch areas. There is a private entrance for owners and tenants. In addition to the Inn, there are two separate apartments- a two/three bedroom upstairs in the rear of the building that has a deck and rear entrance, and a year-round rental studio apartment, upstairs, mid-building with an entrance from the side porch area. In total there are 10 bedrooms, and 10 bathrooms. There is a retail/office space located on the side of the building, facing Main Street, which is currently an antique and collectible shop. Blueprints are available on request. Private parking area. Within walking distance of restaurants, shops and businesses.
Guests from around the world – see the map in the dining room- have been enjoying the inn for the last 9 years, as Laurence and Marcia have been owners and innkeepers. Prior to their stewardship the inn was a B&B, a boarding house, a private home as well as the site of a village bakery, and a bookstore. Reservations come from website searches, Booking.com direct reservation service, and TripAdvisor.com recommendations. Ranked first in Bethel area, with over 300 reviews on www.TripAdvisor.com. The size of the inn is just right- seven rooms all with private baths. The efficiently run kitchen area has floor to ceiling cupboards, with multiple storage drawers and is augmented by a gas stove, large all-refrigerator-refrigerator, a microwave and two chest freezers. There are storage shelving units for linens and supplies and a large soaking sink in the storage area. The tableware and dining linens are top quality and include multiple sets of seasonal table top cloths, placemats, S&P, sugars, cloth napkins, silverware, and serving pieces. All cotton linens and towels, with summer and winter bed-pillow cover and spread sets, pillows, comforters and blankets.
* Sales incentive paid for referral of successful buyer.
- Washing Machine – Front Load, extra large capacity, LG
Dryer- Front Load, extra large capacity LG
- 3 Refrigerators – 2 Apt size for owner’s quarters and rental Apt; 1 Large capacity- all refrigerator Inn
- Stove & Propane Hook-up- we converted to gas/oven stove in 2006.
- Dishwasher 2013
- Porch Furniture Wicker love seat. Rocker and 2 chairs
- Patio Furniture- Metal table, 4 chairs, small table 2 chairs
- 8 Room Air conditioners
- Table Linens and set ups – assorted, seasonal cloths, napkins, lamps, S&Ps, Sugars
- Room Linens – sheets, blankets, bedspreads (2 sets)
- Shower heads
- Shelving & Storage Units in back storage room
- Heaters, portable- 3
- Fans, portable -4
- Mattresses – new queen mattresses in all rooms, one new single, room #5
- 2 Chest Freezers
- Lights -outdoor
- Televisions – Rooms 2, 5 and 6. Cable hookups
- Floor Mats for boots – all rooms
- Seasonal decorations
- Glassware – multiple sizes
- 2 Chest Freezers
- Flatware for 15- knife, forks, spoons, – jam spoons and pots, butter pats
- Cooking Utensils
- Electric Griddle
- Small Refrigerator for guests D.R.
- Sound proofing Room # 5
- Window Shades – room darkening
- Router and Wi-Fi Repeater Enhancer and Router Booster
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Coffee Maker and electric water kettle
- China & Dishes
- Intercom System
- Antique Victrola and Records
- 2 Sofas – in L.R.
- Electric Fireplace -L.R.
- Furnace – energy efficient, new in 2011
- 350 gallon energy efficient Oil Tank 2012
- Sprinkler System
- Hot Water Heater- Owners Quarters 2009
- Hot Water Heater- Inn 2011
- New roof north inn and apartment
- Exterior painting – front and west side completed 2013
- Exterior painting – to be completed … weather dependent
- Website Development
- Booking.com Reservation service
- 10 – Dining Room Chairs and 5 tables
- Dining Room – Side Board and Trestle Table
- Living room and hallways- 2 sideboards, tables, lamps, chairs, decorative items
- Prints, paintings and wall decor
- Storm/ screen door – owner’s quarters 2009
- Alarm Clocks – guest rooms
- Tissue Boxes –guest rooms
- Magazine Subscriptions -Down East, etc.
- Outdoor Sign – lighted
- Wine set ups rooms
- Games, Puzzles, Cards
- Rebuilt Chimney – L.R.
- Back Door – exterior door off of side freezer room.
- Steps with Portico – owners entrance 2011
- Locks – all rooms, and exterior doors
- Sky Light – Replaced 2009- owner’s quarters
- Landscaping tools, snow shovels, gardening tools
Queen bed, sofa, coffee table, kitchen table, small appliances, refrigerator, stove, chairs, walk-in closet, bureau, bookcase, assorted kitchen items. Separate HW heater, electric.
Unfurnished. Two bedrooms, lofted area with skylight, open space living-kitchenette, full bath, and private deck. Inside and outdoor entrances.
Large open space with window on Main Street, plus two storage areas adjacent.